|All of our projects are underpinned by the following philosophies, aims & objectives:
- Have an impact on society through the development of social cohesion within our communities.
- Foster the growth of self-confidence & worth.
- Contribute to children’s health & wellbeing, both physical & mental.
- Prevent children from moving towards negative behaviours by providing positive & inspiring alternative focuses.
- Create environments that remove the barriers of elitism, ethnicity, gender, special educational needs & social class.
- Help students to generate their own wealth through their creativity
- Develop a positive social & cultural mix.
That as many Southwark children experience the thrill of performing in a commercial world-class venue with all the production values that this brings.
That they have the opportunity to work with artists & tutors who are the best in their areas of expertise.
That we hi-light the potential for learning through the arts & the need for the development of creativity as a way of developing future economic & financial security.
That whilst we want the final production to be of the highest possible quality, and extend the children’s skills, this should not be at the expense of having a rewarding & above all enjoyable experience.
That we should expose the children to as many art forms as we can, either directly or by association.
That we leave a legacy, not only within the individual children, but the schools, teachers & TA’s.
We would hope to foster a love of the arts & through them, develop the skills that are going to help students to be creative, happy, confident & successful members of society.
Use our projects to enhance & support learning across the curriculum.
That the students produce a performance they are proud to be part of and feel ownership of.
To show that the children of Southwark are capable of amazing things.